2001 Schedule, Aldine
Tuesday, June 19, 2001
- 8:30 - 9:30 --Housekeeping
- Review HTML tags
- Class discussion regarding your web pages
- Use the scanner to scan pictures
GirlTECH Training Materials and Schedules
9:30 - 10:20 -- Editing Images
- Acquiring Images for a Home Page
- Editing with Adobe Photoshop
- You try it -- Edit your photo or drawing, save to disk, and
make an image link to it inside your personal page
- Create a Banner online with Adobe Online
- Create a Graphic online with Adobe Online
- Optimize an image with Adobe Online
- 10:20 - 10:30 -- BREAK
10:30 - 11:30 --Creating Links
- How to create a link to another web page using HTTP.
- How to create an Anchor.
- How to link to email.
- 11:30 - 12:30 -- LUNCH
- 12:30 - 1:50 --More HTML
- The Original Home Page by Barbara Christopher.
- How to work with <BLOCKQUOTE>, <PRE>, <HR>, ALIGN IMAGES.
- How to add a <TABLE> frame around your picture and name.
- How to work with BGCOLOR, TEXT, LINK, VLINK, and ALINK.
- 1:50 - 2:00 -- BREAK
- 2:00 - 3:30 --More HTML continued
- Complete your Personal page and Begin your Lessons page in Notepad or HTML Assistant
- Print the Netscape output and a listing of the code for your personal page for class on Thursday (afternoon session)
- Continue to research your home page
- Please read: Effective Web Page Design
- Bring for Thursday: pictures to be scanned for your unit.
- Reading Assignment from Cynthia...
and send a 1-paragraph response to firstname.lastname@example.org
These pages were developed through
GirlTECH , a
teacher training program sponsored by the
Center for Excellence and Equity in
Education (CEEE) with support from the
National Science Foundation through
Copyright © 1995-2000 by GirlTECH.