| Macromedia allows you to use
a trial copy of Dreamweaver for 30 days. Below are step-by-step instructions
for downloading a trial copy.
- Go to the Macromedia site
and select Downloads.
- On the download page click on the "Try" icon next to Dreamweaver.
- On the next page select "Go to Trial Download".
- On the next page press the "Continue without Login" button at the
bottom of the page.
- Fill in the blanks that appear on the next two pages and then press
next at the bottom of each page.
- On the next page select the "Try" icon next to English under your
operating system (Windows or Macintosh.)
- Select a directory (probably you want My Download Files) in which
the installation program will be stored.
- The download will start at this point and will take an hour or more.
Once it is finished, you will be prompted to install.
- When it is fully downloaded, click on "Install an InstallShield
- You will be prompted to select options. Probably you will want to
accept all of the default options.
- The process of installing the trial version of Dreamweaver will
now start and will last about 10 minutes.
- When Dreamweaver is finally installed, press "Finish."
- A set of icons and information to read will appear. Drag the icon
to your destop.
- After the installation, you will have to restart your computer.
- Select the Dreamweaver icon on your desktop and click on the "Try"
button. You'll have to click "Try" every time you open Dreamweaver
in this trial version.
- A blank page will open and you are set to write web pages!
- If the program is not purchased at the end of the trial period,
it will be automatically disabled.