GirlTECH '99 Schedule, Section C
Presenters: Susan Boone and Michael Sirois
Sessions held in Mac Lab, Room 133, Sewall Hall, Rice U.
|Monday, July 12, 1999
Each day there are two 10-minute breaks
(at 10:20 AM and at 1:50 PM)
|9:30 - 10:00
Susan and Michael
- On-line pretest
- Discuss dial-up accounts
- Turn in pictures to be scanned
- Intro digital pictures and cameras
|10:00 - 10:20
||Navigation & E-mail
- HTML 4 for the World Wide Web
- Build and test a simple page by hand.
- Tags you will learn about are: HTML,
DOCTYPE, HEAD, TITLE, BODY, Hn, P, BR, B, I, U, CENTER, OL, UL, LI
- Your turn...convert
a printed handout into an HTML document and view it through your browser
We will resume promptly at 12:30.
HTML, Using the GirlTECH Template
|1:00 - 1:50
- Copyright issues -- will also be discussed
in more detail later
- Saving a graphic from the Web
- Inserting an image on a webpage
|2:00 - 3:30
- Free graphics on the Web
- Clipart, clipart, clipart
- Convert another printed handout into HTML,
placing these images correctly on the page
- Complete your personal web page, in HTML
format, by July 15, 1999...our next session.
- Save your page as an .html file, and mail a
copy of it (as an attachment) to yourself, and CC your master teachers at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design a 3-page lesson in a subject related
to your discipline. You can use the GirlTECH Lesson
Template or check out this example.
- Bring printed copies of your lesson with
you on Thursday. You will need it for your GirlTECH website.
- Look for two images on the web that you
would like to put on your web pages. (Try these Image
Resources or use the links on Graphics, Part 2)
You can e-mail these as attachments to yourself and they'll be available for you to
use on Thursday.
Back to Table of Contents