Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search
to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
To use Google Earth, you must download their
program. The directions are below.
- Go to Google Earth at http://earth.google.com/index.html
- Look at the navigation on the left and locate Downloads. Click on it.
- On the Downloads page there are three links. Click on Google Earth, the top one.
- On the System Requirements page there are two versions that can be downloaded. You will be downloading the Current Stable version on the left. Click on the Download Google Earth button.
- The Google Earth download should start
automatically, but if it doesn't then there is a message to click that will start
the GoogleEarth.exe download.
- Work through the InstallShield Wizard
for Google Earth.
- This Wizard will ask you if you want
to install Google as your default search engine in Internet Explorer. Unchecking
that option will not hurt your installation.
Directions on using this version of Google Earth
are at http://www.keyhole.com/GoogleEarthHelp/GoogleEarth.htm
WebQuests that use Google Earth: