Let's Practice Keyboarding
GRADE LEVEL: Grades 3 through 12
OBJECTIVES: For students to practice/reinforce their keyboarding skills after all the keys have been introduced. The teacher should stress accuracy rather than speed. The students will also review the parts of speech.
- typing program or word processing program
- typed sheet of silly/nonsence sentences for students to type from.
- Students are to type all silly sentences, stressing particular keys of the alphabet.
- Students strive for a typing rhythm.
- Print out a hard copy of the silly sentences.
Anxious Annie always attends an annual affair.
Beautiful Betty beats big bananas.
Careful Cathy caught a cartful of cute curly catfish.
Dreadful Dan drove down the dirty ditch.
EXTENSIONS: Have students prepare the silly sentences themselves, composing as they type.
They could start off with rhyming adjectives and nouns; i.e. beautiful bees busily buzz, angry ants are amazingly awful, etc.
EVALUATION: Teacher observation, hard copy of printout in a given time frame.