Bahiyyah El- Amin,Science Teacher
Jackson Middle School
Topics:Making a Better Bubble Blower
Purpose:1.To understand the Scientific Method
2.To uderstand the concept of trial testing in the field of marketing Materials:
- 5 sheets of paper
mixer or slotted spoon
- Students will work in groups to desing and test a better bubble blower.
- Students will define the criteria for achieving their goal(see lab sheet)
- Students will observe ,measure ,compare and describe all observable results
- Prepare the bubble mixture
- Design a variety of bubble blowers
- Test and analyze the outcome
- Chart the data
- Relate your procedures to the Scientific Method
- Describe the best design in your group.Which factors were most significant in helping you conclude?
- Why is it important to trial test products before they are marketed?
Send comments to Bahiyyah El-Amin ,belamin.cs.rice.edu.com.
This lesson was developed through GirlTECH '97, a teacher training and student technology council program sponsored by the Center for Research on Parallel Computation (CRPC) a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center. Copyright June,1997 INSERT YOUR NAME HERE