Computer Literacy, Grades 6, 7 ,8
Purpose: To increase students understanding and usage of new words.
Materials: Dictionary, Thesaurus, 3" x 5"
pencil, paper, markers, and butcher paper.
Prior knowledge: How to divide words into syllables
Description: Make new words by adding prefixes and suffixes.
Time: 90 minutes
1. Students in the classroom will divide into groups of 3.
2. Give the group flash cards that contains prefixes, words, and definitons
3. Each group will develop as many words as possible in five minutes.
4. There will be four five minute intervals.
5. The group will appoint a recorder who will write the new words and their meanings on the butcher paper.
6. After all groups have presented, scores will be tallied and the group with the most words and accurate definitions will be rewarded.
Suggested URLs pertaining to lesson:
could be a detailed description of how you think the lessons should be done.
Click here for the worksheet:
This page was last edited on June 29,
These pages were developed through GirlTECH, a teacher-training program sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Education (CEEE) and with support from the National Science Foundation through EOT-PACI.
Copyright © (your name), (month), (year).