Interactive Lessons for Internet Use
Marcella Dawson :E-mail;Subject:
Space Science; Topic: Mars; July, 1996
Show Evidence of Plate Tectonics?
- Work in groups of 1, 2, or 3 students.
For this project, you may self-select
groups. Post your group members on the
- Use your plate tectonics outline for
this project. Maps and geology books
are also available. You will sign up
for computer time in the class room
and library. Students without Internet
access at home will have priority for
- Collaborate to select a Martian site.
Record the coordinates and have the
site approved by your teacher.
- Assign specific research to each member
of your team.
- Make a two-column table. Record the
name of the Martian feature you are
investigating and the evidence of plate
tectonics the feature shows.
- Your group should combine the tables,
evaluate the accuracy of each member's
- Write a rough draft of your group's
- It would be very helpful to refer
to the following lessons: Comparing
Earth and Mars and Similarities
between Earth and Mars.
- Enter your information into the forms
below. (Please make sure you have everything
- If you wish to change information
in the tables, click on "reset".
If your information is correct, click