- Click Window
> Show Layers the Layers pallet
- One layer is shown with a thumbnail image.
on the eye icon to the left of the layer. The image is no longer visible on the
canvas. Click the icon box to make it visible.
on the Background layer bar to highlight it.
on the black arrow on the menu bar of the pallet (far top right).
down and click on Duplicate Layer. There are now two identical layers, one on top of the
- Click Background layer to
- Click in the box next to the eye icon. A lock appears. The background layer is now protected from any manipulation until
you unlock it. As you work on layers, you will find that locking intricate layers prevents
on the Duplicate layer to select.
- Click on the black arrow to open the layers menu and select New Layer.
- Hide the Background layer (click on the eye) in the layers pallet and File