- Select the zoom tool on the toolbox (magnifying glass)
- Move the cursor over the image and click
on the image until you are at 400% zoom (
look at the title bar of your image, the zoom factor is next to the image name).
- Click on the Magic Wand on
- Move the cursor over the image and click on the white background on
the right. You should see a selection box also called "the marching ants".
- Click the delete
key to remove this part of the image. You should see the checkerboard of
the canvas. Remove the rest of the white background.
- File > Save.
- Move to the left side and click the magic wand
on the grey background. Click delete.
Remove the rest of the background.
- Select the zoom
tool and zoom in until you can see the pixels along the edges of the
- Click Ctrl
+ D to remove the marching ants.
- Click Window > Show
Brushes. This pallet is used to select the pixel width of the eraser. You want a
small pixel width because you will remove small areas; select the first brush on
the first row.
- Use the eraser tool to remove pixels so that your image
will have a smooth edge.
- Click on the hand on the toolbox. Move the cursor over
the image and pull the image so that the other side appears. Click on the eraser
and clean up the other side.
- File > Save
Magic Wand Tool:
Examples of brush sizes and