Students will receive instruction on how to use the tools in a drawing or Paint program in order to draw a diagram of the living terrarium or aquarium. The classroom or lab instructor will guide the students step by step in the full-page drawing activity.
Step by step instructions will be given to the students to write a paragraph or two on a topic related to the living terrarium or aquarium organisms unit.
Second Grade Science Standards:
- (2) Scientific processes. The student develops abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry in the field and the classroom.
The student is expected to:
(A) ask questions about organisms, objects, and events;
(B) plan and conduct simple descriptive investigations;
(C) compare results of investigations with what students and scientists know about the world;
(D) gather information using simple equipment and tools to extend the senses;
(E) construct reasonable explanations and draw conclusions using information and prior knowledge; and
(F) communicate explanations about investigations.
Second Grade Technology Application Standards:
- (1A) Appropriate terms
- (1B) Start, exit, create, name & save files
- (2B) Use proper keyboarding
- (2D) Produce documents at Keyboard, proofread, & correct
- (2E) Capitalization, punctuation, spelling, word division, use of numbers & symbols
- (3A) AUP
- (7B) Use appropriate software
- (9B) Use software features to evaluate final product- preview
- (10A) Use font attributes
- (11A) Publish information (printed copy or monitor display)
- (11B) Publish (stored files or video)
- (12B) Evaluate the product for relevance to the task
Source: Texas Education Agency
These pages were made through TeacherTECH, the teacher professional development component of GirlTECH , which is sponsored by the Center for Excellence and Equity in Education (CEEE) with support from the National Science Foundation through EPIC .
Copyright © June 2005 by Diane Sindelar.