Education and Certification:
- *B. S., Technical Education, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, May, 1987
- *Business and Vocational Office education certification, state of Texas
- *Novell, LAN Administration
- *Advanced TENET training
- *Awarded and completed a two-week scholarship at Rice University,
Houston, TX, for advanced Internet and HTML training and Web page design. June, 1996.
- Trainer of other teachers (Region XII, Education Center)
- *Campus technologist
- *TCEA State Convention Presenter--Session title, "Local
Area Network Administration
- *Sponsor, Future Business Leaders of America club
- *Business Curriculum Writing
- *Writing of training manuals to train other teachers
- *Junior and senior class sponsor
- *Member, district-wide technology committee
- *San Marcos High School, San Marcos, TX, 1990 to the present (6 years)
Teacher of Microcomputer Applications and Business Information Processing
and Business Computer Programming in a Novell Networked environment
- *Austin Community College, San Marcos Distance Learning Center, San Marcos, TX
Part-time faculty, Spring and Summer semesters, 1996
Instructor of Introduction to Microcomputers
- *La Marque High School, La Marque, TX, 1988 to 1990 (2 years)
Teacher of Data Processing and Business Office Services.
Sponsor: Business Professionals of America
- *VTI Technical Institute, Houston, TX, Summer of 1988
Teacher of Adult Education in Accounting I and II, Typing III, DOS,
and Introduction to Office Administration
- *Lancaster Mennonite High School, Lancaster, PA,1971 to 1973 (2 years)
Teacher of Typing I and II, Shorthand I and II
- *American National Insurance Co, Galveston, TX., 1982 to 1984
Administrative Assistant to vice president of finance department.
Technical duties: electronic pricing of stock and mutual funds portfolios.
- *Successful Living, Inc., Edina Minnesota
Owned a wholesale book distributor franchise with this company.
Self-employment gave flexible work hours during five intensive child-rearing years.
Special marketing and management training.
Secretarial and Retail Experience:
- *Accumulated 6 years general business experience working for small companies
out of state prior to college and marriage
Duties: cashier, payroll, accounts receivable,
accounts payable, dictation, typing and answering the phone.
Hobbies and Interests:
- Internet surfing, reading, sewing, gardening, singing, family fellowship
and having tea with friends.
Honors and Awards:
- *Nominated for campus "teacher of the year", 1993
- *Repeatedly placed in Who's Who of American Teachers by students
References Availible Upon Request
Thanks for visiting my site! You are #
Return to Jeanette's Home Page
- These pages were developed through GirlTECH '96, a teacher
training and student technology council program sponsored by
the Center for Research on
Parallel Computation (CRPC), a National
Science Foundation Science and Technology Center.
Thanks! to CRPC and GirlTECH Instructors!