Grade Level: 4 - 8
- Research data pertaining to hurricanes on the Internet
- Investigate past hurricanes
- Track current tropical disturbances, storms, cyclones and hurricanes
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Modem with minimal 14400 Baud Rate
- Internet Access with graphics interface
- Hurricanes are a natural disaster we must contend with in this area.Therefore, any information pertaining to weather conditions during the hurricane season are of high interst to people in this area. Students will use research sources available on the Internet to stay current on forecasts.Students can check current weather conditionsfrom a variety of sources.
- Check current satellite views of the tropics.
- Update and track current storms using information from the Index of Tropical Datathe National Hurricane Center
- Students will research past Hurricanesand make a data base of the
deadliest, costliest, and most intensehurricanes of this century. They can then create charts from the data collected