A Famous Person
Paul Revere Middle School
Students may click here to go straight to the lesson.
- Subject Areas: Computer Literacy, Language Arts, Social Studies/Science
- Grade Levels: 7th-9th grade
- Time Requirements:
- Approximately 2 hours On-line Search Time
- Approximately 2 hours Computer Class Time
- Student Prerequisites:
- Wordprocessing basics
- Netscape Search skills
- Basic report format
- Brief Overview: The students will choose (be assigned) a person
to research on the Internet. They will then write a report in the "5
paragraph" format using a wordprocessor.
- Materials Required For This Lesson:
- Computer with Wordprocessing Software
- Internet connection
- Choose a person based on criteria supplied by your teacher.
- Use search engines to find information about that person.
- Using a wordprocessor write a biography of this person following the
outline supplied by your teacher (sample) .
- SAVE and PRINT the composition.
Sample Outline or Format for Report
Your essay should be in a recongizable 3 part form (Introduction,
Body, Conclusion). The focus of your essay may vary from your classmates.
Below are examples of two focus options that may be used.
- Why you choose to research this person.
Body (Organize by dates or topics below)
- Culture or ethinic background
- Contribution to society
- Biographic information (1 -2 sentences)
- Why you choose this person
Body (Answer questions about this person's contribution)
Conclusion Top of the page.
(Last Update: November 16, 1997 )
This page was developed through GirlTECH
'97, a teacher training and student technology council program sponsored
by the Center for Research on
Parallel Computation (CRPC), a National
Science Foundation-funded Science
and Technology Center.
© July 1997 Karen Shaw