TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- TLW understand how to represent symbolic information.
- TLW use the basic operation on symbols in conditional programs.
Math TAAS Objectives:
5.1 Counting procedures
5.2 Probability of simple and compound events
5.3 Mean, median and mode
11.5 Probability and statistics problems
- TAAS Activity:
- Write computer programs applying statistics problems.
- Solve ATMS activities.
- Explain terms:
- Symbolic Information
- Keyboard character
- Single quotation mark
- Atomic piece of data
- Basic operation on symbols
- Comparison operation
- Artificial intelligence
- Write a program which consumes a greeting and replies with a remark.
- Write a program which consumes an English word and gives the translation to another language.
- Write a program which consumes two numbers, a guess and a target, and produces one of
three answers: too small, too large or perfect!
- Write a number guessing game with a random 3-digit target.
- Write a program which implements a Master Mind game.
- Write a program applying the quadratic equation.
Printed programs for exercises 4.1.4, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4, 4.1.5 and the translator.
Quiz and Test on Chapter 4.
- Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
- Hardware: Dell 586, 75 MHz computer
- Reading from How to Design Programs: Symbolic Information and Finger Exercies with Symbols