TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
Reading and Writing TAAS:
- Friday and Tuesday - Analyze data to make inferences and generalizations
- Thursday - Recognize facts, points of view and propaganda.
TAAS Activity: Write a computer program using the Design Recipe
- Explain terms:
- Compound data
- Cartesian point
- Horizontal vs. Vertical direction
- Extracting components
- posn structure
- Write a program which finds the distance to the origin from a pixel.
- Do Exercise 5.1.1
- Do 5.1.2 by using the commands in draw-lib.ss
Quiz on basic terminology.
Write a program using the posn structure.
1. Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
2. Hardware: Dell 586, 75 mhz computer
3. Reading from How to Design Programs: Chapter 5