TLW Write programs using compound data.
TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
Reading and Writing TAAS:
Apply objectives per packet: writing skills, generalizations and graphic organizers.
TAAS Activity: Write an essay comparing and contrasting the Design Recipes used for Programs
with Graphic Organizers used for Writing.
Begin Set Two Problems using STRUCTURES:
- Write TEMPLATES:
- Exercise 5.4.1
- Develop a template that consumes a check-box structure.
- Exercise 5.4.2
- Develop a template that consumes a very-small-integer.
- Write programs using all steps in the COMPOUND DATA DESIGN RECIPE
- (See and Practice Design Recipe Three!!):
- Exercise 5.4.3
- Develop a program that consumes a time structure (Exercise 5.3.1)
(define-struct time (hours minutes seconds))
and produces the number of seconds since midnight that the time structure represents.
- Exercise 5.4.4
- Develop the program draws-a-disk that consumes a circle structure.
- Develop the program draws-a-ring that consumes a circle structure and the width of the ring.
- Develop the program in-circle? That consumes a circle structures and a pixel and determines whether or not the point is inside the circle.
Presentation and explanation of programs to class teams.
1. Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
2. Hardware: Dell 586, 75 mhz computer
3. Reading from How to Design Programs: Section 5.4