TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- TLW apply mathematical claims in Scheme programs.
- TLW use arithmetic and relational operators.
4.1 Use metric and customary units
TAAS Activity: Write a computer program using measurement units.
- Explain terms:
- Class of values
- Interval boundary
- Number line / Line of reals
- Equational conditions
- Domain knowledge for computer monitors
- Write simple programs that consumes a number and tests whether some condition about the number is true.
- Write programs for intervals or combination of intervals on a number line.
- Write equational conditions as programs.
- Write a program to determine if a mouse click is inside a rectangular boundary.
Printed programs for exercises 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3 and 3.2.4
- Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
- Hardware: Dell 586, 75 MHz computer
- Reading from How to Design Programs: C3.2 Programs that Test Conditions.