TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- TLW apply mathematical claims in Scheme programs.
- TLW use arithmetic and relational operators.
Math 4.3 Find distance, perimeter, area, surface area, circumference, and volume.
Write a conditional program which selects a problem from above list.
Write helper functions for each of the formulas.
- Explain terms:
- Different cases
- Data Analysis
- Number line strategy
- Borderline cases
- Distinct situations / amount of clauses
- Conditions that characterize a situation
- Claims about a program's parameters.
- Evaluated sequentially.
- List the steps in the design recipe for conditional programs.
- Exercises3.4.1, 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.4.4
Printed programs for interest, taxes, quadratic equation and charge rates.
- Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
- Hardware: Dell 586, 75 MHz computer
- Reading from How to Design Programs: C3.4 - Designing Conditional Programs.