TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- TLW Design programs using the DESIGN RECIPE.
- TLW Name the parts of the design recipe.
TAAS Activity: Write a computer program.
- Explain terms:
- Program consumes vs produces.
- Relationship of inputs to outputs.
- Auxiliary program.
- Design Recipe
- Program's parameters
- Purpose statement
- Program examples
- Reuse a program as if it were a primitive operation
- What a program computes vs. how it is computed
- Domain knowledge
- Find 2 problems from math/science book and solve using the design recipe.
- Write programs from each of the problems.
Explain the steps of the design recipe.
Apply steps by writing programs using the design recipe to solve word problems.
Test on solving word problems (Chapter 2).
- Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
- Hardware: Dell 586, 75 MHz computer
- Reading from How to Design Programs: Chapter 2.7