TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Evaluate arithmetic expressions in the interaction window.
- Apply rules of computation.
- Demonstrate use of DrScheme's programming environment.
- TAAS Activity: Write expressions using scientific notation in the interaction window.
- Play ping-pong in DrScheme
- Explain terms/concepts:
- rules of computation
- programming language
- atomic data
- compound data
- primitive operation
- DrScheme's programming environment
- definition window
- interaction window
- Evaluate arithmetic expressions
Observe application of arithmetic expressions.
Team student check each other's work.
1. Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
2. Hardware: Dell 586, 75 mhz computer
3. Reading from How to Design Programs: Chapter 1 - Students, Teachers and Computers