TEKS / Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Distinguish between different data types.
- Apply rules of operation.
- Evaluate arithmetic expressions.
TAAS Activity: Compare rationals and real numbers using Scheme expressions.
- Explain terms/concepts:
- integers, rationals, reals
- inexact representation of a real number
- arithmetic expression
- nested expressions
- rule: (operation A ... B)
- whenever A and B a numbers, evaluate the expression,
- otherwise, A and B are evaluated first.
- primitive operation
- advanced mathematical operation
- Exercise 2.1.1 - Evaluation with advanced math operations
- Team expression evaluation contest
Written and program test on evaluating arithmetic expressions.
- Software: DrScheme Programming Environment
- Hardware: Dell 586, 75 mhz computer
- Reading from How to Design Programs: 2.1 - Numbers and Arithmetic