UNIT 1 – Orientation / Basic HTML Tags
Students are oriented to course content / expectations and the lab’s hardware / software.
- Computer Ethics - Alief ISD Acceptable Use Policy
- Class Rules / Supplies (1"-1.5" 3-ring binder, spiral notebook, red pen, highlighter, 3 disks)
- Parent Letter / Involvement
- Presentation of work
- Computer Literacy Skills pre-requisite
- Facilitator / Team Teaching and Advancement
- Hardware / Software
- Dell 100 mhz 585 Pentium with Windows 95
- Office 97
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Single use copies of 2-D and 3-D software
- Networked laser printer
- Mavica digital camera
- HP CD – Writer
- <html> <head> <title> <body>
- <br> <p> <blockquote>
- attributes: <center> <I> <B>
- Use wordpad or notepad and save with descriptive file name and .html extension
- Test viewing in a browser using file/open menu option
- Backup work each day
- Motivational Biography using Microsoft Word
- Gradesheet using Excel
- Group Knot
- Web page from biography using basic HTML tags
- Evaluate computer literacy skills by observing typing and use of Office 97.
- Evaluate writing and grammar skills.
- Evaluate leadership / teamwork skills in development of biography and playing the group knot game.
- Evaluate degree of personal responsibility by return of signed policies and preparation of Journal for notes and daily work log.
- Presentation of partner and biography – both oral and printed.