PARENT GRAPHS AND SPECIAL CASES
Due 12/1 BOC
Write an Linear Function (equation of a line) given:
- Slope and Y-Intercept
- A Point and Slope
- Two Points.
- Tabular Data
- Graphical Description
In both Y-Intercept Form and Standard Form
- Identify and sketch the general form of linear parent functions.
- Let's Change the Slope WS
- Writing the Equation of a Line in standard Form WS:
STANDARD FORM: aX + bY = c
where a, b and c are integers and
both variables are on the left side of the equation
and the lead term is positive.
Example: 3X - 2Y = 30
(Note: NO fractions or decimals! Keep terms alphabetical with X positive.)
- QuizLab Practice 6w3 Linear Parent Functions
- Age Estimates WS
- Linear Equations WS (3 pages)
- QuizLab Practice 6W3 Writing Equations of a line - special cases with horizontal and vertical lines.
- Review Section 7.1 page 281-286.
- Textbook page 141, #13-23 odd. (Check odd problems back book, check even with a partner.) Turn in to the tray.
- QuizLab Parent Functions and Writing Equations of a line
- WS Linear Equations