January 22, 2006
Dear Parent(s) / Guardian of ______________________________________________,
The greatest benefit of education is the gratification provided to the educated individual and the awareness it creates. A few years ago, college degrees focused on content. Today programs place more emphasis on teaching individuals how to acquire knowledge and skills. Learners have to be self-disciplined, self-motivated and tenacious enough to obtain continuing education. If your child knows how to learn, has good communication skills and the ability to work with others, he/she is positioned to take on any discipline. These are goals in our WHS Multimedia class. I hope you will make these your goals as we begin the second semester.
You can help your child excel by monitoring all work; including:
1) Monitoring your childís spiral notebook journal with daily objectives, notes and homework. This keeps you informed of your childís work on a daily basis.† Please review the journal weekly.
2) Besides the journal work, please check the digital Web site portfolio as your child adds to their first semester work.
3) Please monitor their grades in QuizLab.com.† You can also check the calendar for assignments.
4) Also, make sure your email is correct in QuizLab so you can receive communication about Multimedia.† Students have a new account this semester.
5) Progress Reports reflect completed work; but students may improve this grade by submitting missing assignments.† The first PR deadline this semester is Friday 1/26.† This will include all WS L3 work. Details on assignments/grades can be found on my Web Page, www.knorth.info on the media link.
Tutoring / computer lab time is available in N125 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 7:15-7:45, or by appointment after school as needed. Parents are welcome to drop in during tutoring to see their childís work.
Research has shown that when parents get involved with their childís education, grades will improve. It is the teacherís responsibility to teach, it is your childís responsibility to learn, and it is the parentís responsibility to stay informed and encourage your child. Take one-third out of the equation and that is failure. With all of us working together, success can be assured.
Thank you for your help,
Karen North, MTT, CET, CCIT††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
Multimedia / WHS M.I.T. Freshman†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
Student Name:† ________________________________________††††††††††††† Period: ________
Please acknowledge receipt of this letter:† ††††††††________________________________________
Comments / Questions:† †††††† †††Date Signed:† ______________†††††