CONTENT RULES (objective grade points):
1) Paragraphs about 4-8 lines.
2) Use Times Roman Size 12 font.
3) NO italics or bold (wastes ink).
4) NO grammar errors – get content proofed by partner and parents.
first paragraph must include the sentence, “I am a
6) Autobiography second paragraph is about your future.
1) Pick 2 colors for your web page
2) Write down the hexadecimal color code:
3) Look for patterns in the code: # _ _ _ _ _ _
4) one color must be light, the other color dark
5) May NOT pick blue and black
6) Last thing you add is the color.
PRACTICE – a brain thing –> repeat 3-9 times.
1) Repeat yesterday’s code first and CHECK – CHECK – CHECK!!!
2) Spacing and documentation makes it easier to DEBUG. History of term debug comes from moth/roach caught inside the first computer.
3) Work outside – inside. Always open/close then go to the inside.
4) Do NOT just type straight down – copy learning.
WEB PROGRAMMING BASIC setup STEPS:
1) Blank Notepad from view/source in Explorer
2) Document your name, date, description
3) Open/Close HTML tags
4) Save As autobio.htm (SAVE Frequently!)
5) Close the notepad and open up the webpage
6) View/Source to get back your source code.
7) Document Head and Body with dashes
8) Open/Close HEAD tags
9) Open/Close BODY tags
10) Open/Close TITLE tags with description of web page content
11) Title Tag description is Autobiography of Your Name
= Click Refresh to see revised web page after each new code is added
= This helps with debugging
1) All content is first typed in Word and proofed.
= Copy and Paste paragraphs from Word and add P tags.
= Add P tags first (Ben’s idea) and copy and paste each paragraph INSIDE the P tags.
2) Add TITLE that shows on your web page in the BODY:
= IN ALL CAPS
= Has your NAME somewhere.