Bonnette Junior High
Seventh Grade Math
Topic: Problem Solving
Purpose: The purpose of this lesson is for the students to use their problem solving skills to create 5 outfits with a given budget.
Materials: Internet access
Description: Given $250, students will use on-line shopping to purchase 5 outfits for school.
- Make a list of items you will need to create your 5 outfits. This list needs to include clothes and shoes only.
- Search through the listed links below to find the items that you would like to purchase from your list.
- Make sure that all items do not cost more than $250.(Do not worry about tax.)
- Use the example below to make your chart:
Time: One class period(45-60minutes)
- What was the total amount of money that you spent?
- What was your most expensive outfit?
- What was your least expensive outfit?
- Was $250 enough to purchase 5 outfits? Explain.
- If you were a parent, how much would you give your child to spend on 5 outfits? Explain.
- How much money did you get to spend on school clothes this year?
Young Men's Department
Eddie Bauer Basics
Young Ladies' Department
Activewear and Shoes
Please visit my home page.
Please e-mail comments to email@example.com
Thanks for visiting my home page. You are visitor
This lesson was developed through GirlTECH '97, a teacher training and student technology council program sponsored by the Center for Research on Parallel Computation (CRPC) a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center. Copyright June,1997 Megan Cook