Bilingual First Grade
Topic: Teaching the Differences Between Odd and Even
Objective : To teach the concept of odd and even numbers.
Materials: Overhead projector, paper and pencil for every
Extension: Do the same with two digit, and three digit numerals.
Students must be instructed to determine if a multiple-digit number is odd
by identifying the number in the far right end . If that number is
odd, then the entire number is odd.
- On the overhead, write in a column numerals 1-10
- Next to each number, draw triangles to correspond with ech numeral.
- Students are instructed to circle only the pairs of triangles
by that particular numeral (make sure students have been taught the
definition for pair previous to this lesson)
- Students color all the triangles that are left without a pair
with a red crayon
- Students write odd next to the numerals where triangles have been
Copyright © Monica Cossio, June, 2001.