Each activity could be set up at a different station or you can plan one activity a day. You could work in pairs one holds the meter stick the other assists with placing his or her finger on the ground as a marker. You may even decide on additional activities of your choice.
Measure how many meters each distance measures below:
- 6 friends joined hand to hand ____________________________________________
- The distance of 3 summersaults ____________________________________________
- The distance 5 students are lying on the ground head to toe ________________________________
- The distance you can throw a wadded up piece of paper ____________________________________
- How far you can throw a softball with your left hand if you are right handed, or right hand if you are left handed ____________________________________________
- How far you paper airplane can fly ____________________________________________
- The distance you can walk with your math book balanced on your head ________________________
|Return to Lesson Page|
These pages were developed through GirlTECH, a teacher training sponsored by the Center for Research on Parallel Computation (CRPC), a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center.