The Shape Of Our World
- GRADE LEVEL: Third to Fifth
- PLATFORM: Macintosh or Windows
- LESSON OBJECTIVES: Students will learn how to:
- Use a word processor.
- Use a scanner to place pictures or articles in their document.
- Use the scientific method.
topics using the Internet.
Choose a kind of science that interest you. Examples: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth, etc.
Students will use the 5 step Scientific Method to complete their experiments.
- PROBLEM: Question
- HYPOTHESIS: What do you think will happen? (This is your best guess to the answer of the problem question.
- PROCEDURE:Design or carry out an experiment to prove that your hypothesis is correct. List the materials you use and all the steps in the experiment.
- RESULTS: Take notes on what happens when you do the experiment. You may make a table, graph or chart to record your findings.
- CONCLUSION: You ae now ready to conclude if your hypothesis was correct or not. Sometimes, the results suggest that you should have done something differently, or that your hypothesis was wrong. That's fine. Never falsify data to make your hypothesis look correct. Have fun!