Home Page of Peggy E. Schweiger
Suggestions for Correcting Problems Encountered in 1998 Regatta
- Lining Up Boats by Heats: Preassign heats. Contestants in heats 1-5 are responsible for their boat being in the
designated area at the beginning of the race.
- Allow heats 1-3 in the immediate pool area. Heat 1 lines up at the start end. Heat 2 lines up allong the wall in the shallow area closest to the
record board. Heat three lines up along the wall in the shallow area by the front door. A monitor needs to assure that the
boats are against the wall and that the contestants in each heat are present.
- At the start of the meet, heat 4 will be in the deep end area of the pool next to the record board wall. Boats will be lined up next to the wall.
- At the start of the meet, heat 5 will be in the deep end area of the pool next to the stairs. Boats will be lined up next to the wall.
- Additional heats will line up in the hall. Heat 6 will be in the hall by the gym door closest to the oustside door.
- Heat 7 will be in the hall by the gym doors closest to the snack bar area.
- Heats 8, etc, will be in the hall past this area.
- Heat Schedule: Heats will run according to this schedule--No faster!
A heat will be scheduled every five minutes. Students will follow this schedule, knowing exactly where their
boat must be. Boats will move into the pool area at the scheduled times.
- Introduction & Heat #1 2:45 pm
- Heat #2 2:55 pm
- Heat #3 3:00 pm
- Heats #4 and #5 move into the shallow end of the pool area
- Heat #4 3:05 pm
- Heat #5 3:10 pm
- Heats #6 and #7 move into the shallow end of the pool area
- Heat #6 3:15 pm
- Heat #7 3:20 pm
- Heats #8 & 9 move into the shallow end of the pool area
- Heat #8 3:25 pm
- Heat #9 3:30 pm
- All remaining heats move into the shallow end of the pool area
- Heat #10
- Returning Paddles to the Start End
One member of each team will be predesignated to return the paddles back to a designated person in the start area.
Each team is accountable for the paddles that they use during their heat. If they are broken during your use, the team
will be charged for their replacement.
No heat shall begin until all paddles from the previous heat are accounted for.
- Recording Times
A member will be designated from each team to report their team's time. A person will be in the deep end area of the pool
recording times. Times must be recorded before the start of the next heat.
- Disposal of Boats
After the finish of each heat, all boats will be removed from the finish area. Boats will be taken outside through
the doors in the deep end area. Teams must fold up boats and put them into the designated receptacle. Monitors
will ensure that this is done.