Each student will require the following materials in order for this lesson to be completed successfully:
- One Personal computer (see course materials list for PC specifications).
- One IDE hard drive, 3GB or larger (remove all jumpers prior to issuing to students).
- One "cable select" enabled 80-pin IDE ribbon cable with dual connectors.
- Two pin jumpers for drive configuration.
- One MS-DOS or Windows98 boot floppy diskette.
- One Internet capable computer for information/driver research.
- Internet access.
These pages were made through TeacherTECH, the
teacher professional development component of GirlTECH, which is sponsored by
the Center for Excellence and Equity in Education (CEEE) with support from the National Science Foundation through EPIC.