Deep in the Heart of Texas
Social Studies and Language Arts
Objectives -The student will:
- research on the internet to find key information about Texas
- create a timeline and game of Texas History
- identify major cities and products of Texas
- record and complete graph
- identify and draw the flags of the six nations that have flown over Texas
- drawing paper or construction paper
- maps of Texas
- index cards
- resource books
- computer internet access
- List five famous people from Texas. Draw pictures of these people and give important facts.
- Research a famous person from the state of Texas. Give a presentation to the class.
- Using index cards, the student will record important events and place dates on back. These cards may be used as a game and timeline
- Identify and draw the flags of the six nations that have flown over Texas.
- Texas is known for its beautiful sites and cities. Using a state map plan a trip to visit your five favorite sites. Be sure to include the state capital. Write a paragraph about what you could learn by visiting one of these cities.
- Calendar of events for each month of the year. List one event to attend each month. Draw an illustrationand give a description of this event.
- What natural resources are found in Texas? Draw a map showing population and natural resources in Texas. Create a graph representing 10 citites comparing population and natural resources.
- Current Events - Describe the top five news stories in the state of Texas.
The History Channel
Home Page on the Range
What's New in Texas
Texas Resource Guide
Texas Through Time
Thanks to the RGK Foundation for its generous support of