You will create a web page that defines the different size headings. Use the instructions below to create and save the web page in your folder.
Complete the following steps:
- Open your HTML editor, Notepad.
- Minimize Notepad.
- Open your browser, Explorer.
- Select the following Link, HTMLementary Tutorial.
- Select the tutorial link.
- Select the Headings link.
- A new browser window will open with the text on the left-side that you will copy into notepad. Upon completion, your file should look like the display on the right-side.
- With the new browser window still open, maximize Notepad so that you can still see the Headings HTML.
- Type only the HTML portion.
- example: (remember to capitalize all TAGS)
- continue typing until you reach </HTML>
- Select Save As from the menu bar
- Open your folder in My documents.
- Type File name - Headings.html
- Select Save.
- Open your page "Headings" in Explorer to view your finished page.
- Be sure to check for the following errorsif your browser does not display the headings properly:
- tag spelling
- missing bracket
- tag in wrong location