Course Title: Web Design
School Year 2004 - 2005 Instructor Ms. Tracey G. Gibson Instructor's email address firstname.lastname@example.org Instructor's conference times
- 1 inch Binder (for this class only)
- pen & pencil brought to class each day
- 1 pkg. 5x8 index cards
- 1 pkg. 4x6 index cards
- Upon completion of the course, the student will:
- demonstrate knowledge and appropriate use of the PC.
- have a basic understanding of the history of the Internet and the protocols.
- demonstrate an understanding of web browers and search engines.
- identify and evaluate the basic parts of a web site.
- identify and demonstrte web graphic design.
- identify and demonstrate Hypertest Markup Language and web publishing software.
- create and publish a web page.
Objectives for Students
- Class Orientation
- Computer Basics
- Explore the Internet
- Site Evaluation
- Basic HTML
- Web Page Editors
- Create a Web Page
- Readings - no text; selected readings done in class
- Assignments - most assignments will be done in class. Outside assignments can be completed on school computers or at home if student has access to the Internet.
- Exam Dates - announced at the beginning ofeach unit.
- Quiz Dates - 2-3 (some may be unannounced for each unit)
- One major project per grading period - counts as a test grade.
- Attendance - if absent, please see me for class handouts and arrange lab time to make up work. All assignments are posted on the web.
- Class Particiaption included in daily grade.
- All work should be your own.
- Tests/Projects - 50%
- Quizzes - 20%
- Daily Participation - 30%
- Extra Credit - teacher discretion
- No food, drinks, or gum in the computer lab.
back to top
These pages were made through TeacherTECH, the teacher professional development component of GirlTECH, which is sponsored by the Center for Excellence and Equity in Education (CEEE) with support from the National Science Foundation through EOT-PACI, RGK Foundation, the Verizon Foundation, Rice University, and HiPerSoft.
Copyright © August 2003 by Tracey Gibson.